Old Fashioned Filipino Coconut Macaroons
This coconut macaroons, is the old-fashioned type I have been craving for. It’s moist and sweet with a very few ingredients and easy to make. You have an option to dip it with chocolate but opted not to, as I prefer, yet again the old fashioned type.
I have been craving for this coconut macaroons, as I remember the ones, I used to make with my sister-in-law many years ago. I call it old fashioned because this is the easiest and the simplest one that you can make and can even buy in small stores back in my country. It doesn’t even have a twist but plain simple macaroons. Now a days you can have it, dipped on chocolates or drizzled or covered with chocolates. Don’t get me wrong but they are as delicious too. And the chocolates add so much dramatic taste. But right now, we are on for this easy delicious, sweet coconut macaroons.
In this recipe I used the regular cupcake liners it came out a little big about three bites, instead of mini cupcake liners. But it all turned out the same.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE COCONUT MACAROONS
- Butter: use unsalted butter. Any brand is okay to use.
- Desiccated coconut: Any brand is good to use.
- Condensed milk
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
How to make Old Fashioned Coconut Macaroons
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl cream, the butter then add sugar and eggs.
- Add the condensed milk. Mix well until well combined.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the desiccated coconut with the flour. mix until well combined. Then add the mixture to the batter. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Scoop and drop in the liner .
- Baked in the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Removed from the oven and let cool in a rack.
Tips and Storage
- I covered the desiccated coconut with flour to make sure it does not sink in the batter.
- I used regular cupcake liner than the mini liner. It tastes the same I just want more bite in one.
- Store in a tight container about 3 days.
- Store in tight container in about a week inside the refrigerator. No need to thaw if you want to eat it out of the fridge it tastes good even if it’s cold.
- Microwave for 10 seconds if you want it warm after taking it out of the refrigerator.
Kitchen Tools I use in this recipe:
This post may contain affiliate links.
OLD FASHIONED COCONUT MACAROONS
- 400 grams Desiccated coconut
- 60 grams Flour (just enough to cover the desiccated coconut)
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 75 grams Butter
- 2 pieces Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line the muffin pan with liners. Then set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter using a hand mixer.
- Add sugar with the creamed butter and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating ech egg after another.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix flour with desiccated coconut until well covered. Then add to egg mixture.
- Scoop the mixture and drop into prepared lined muffin pan.
- Baked for about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Removed from the oven.
- Let cool in the rack and enjoy.