Meet your new cookie crush – Crunchy Outside, Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. They’re the best of both worlds in one delightful treat. Baking these cookies at home is a delight. But what truly fills my heart is when my son takes a bite and says, “This is the best cookie ever!” It’s these little moments that make our home full of love and happiness.
These cookies are a delicious blend of rich chocolate chips and wholesome oatmeal, delivering a burst of flavor with every mouthful. Perfect for dunking in a glass of milk or sharing with friends and family.
These cookies are baked in high heat to achieve that crunchy bite outside but chewy inside. And requires at least 30 minutes of freeze time. But that believe me the wait is worth it to get that texture and taste.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Semi Chocolate Chips
How to make chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
This recipe calls for at least 45 minutes freeze time and bake right out of the freezer.
- In a medium bowl beat the butter. Then add the brown sugar, granulated sugar and egg. Beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda , baking powder and salt.
- Then gradually pour into the butter mixture.
- Pour in the oats and the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla (optional but better with vanilla)
- Scoop the cookie dough and just drop it in the cookie sheet or in a clean container without balling it.
- Put the extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie for garnish.
- Freeze for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take out from the freezer, place in a cookie sheet. Make sure to place it with ample spaces between each cookie.
- Bake for about 13 minutes. Then Take it out the oven and let it sit in the cookie sheet for another 10 minutes.
TIPS AND STORAGE
- Do not overmix the dough. I prefer using a spatula after all ingredients are incorporated.
- Preheat the oven a few minutes before taking out the cookies out of the freezer.
- Let the cookies cool in the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in a tight container for 2 to 3 days. You can store longer but I prefer my cookies fresh always.
- You can store for 30 days in the freezer provided its in a tight dry container.
Kitchen Tools I use in this recipe:
This post may contain affiliate links.
CHEWY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer will do
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper or Silicone mat
- Cookie scoop
- Food weighing scale
- 125 grams All-purpose flour I used organic but the regular will do.
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1 piece Large egg
- 150 grams Brown sugar
- 60 grams Granulated sugar
- 150 grams oats I just regular quick oats
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 125 grams Semi-sweet chocolate chips Any brand will do. I like to use Ghirardelli
- In a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl cream the butter. Then combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and egg. Beat on medium speed until well combined, but not overmixed.Add in vanilla
- In another medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the creamed butter mixture gradually.
- Add the oats and mix in medium speed until well combined.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix until well combined but not over mixed. Use spatula to control mixing.
- Using the cookie scoop. Scoop and drop the cookie dough into a container. Freeze for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- After freezing. Put the cookie in a cookie sheet. Arranged with ample space between each cookie.
- Immediately bake in the oven for 13 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and enjoy. Store leftovers in a tight container.