Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
This muffin not only makes you full but the smell of bananas while baking makes you really hungry and excited to try it. A breakfast on the go. The chocolate chips go so well with flavor of bananas. With just the right amount of sweetness.
This was a hit among neighbors. I used the regular chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet because I want the full flavor to come out and the addition of vanilla brings out the flavor of the bananas. I paired it with my latte and wow it’s just fulfilling.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN
- baking soda
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- large eggs
- ripe bananas
- chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
This banana bread calls for an over ripe banana. And it is always a good thing, right? lol At least we don’t have to throw away those bananas that we forget to eat in the counter. But if you’re craving for some banana muffins in an instant then you can always pop your bananas in the oven for at least 30 minutes. And there you go with your instant ripe bananas. Honestly, this is one of the easiest to make, and you can find all the ingredients in any regular grocery store.
- I used a hand held mixer but you can use just a spatula.
- You can also just use a fork to mash the bananas.
- You will need a cupcake or muffin pan with liners. If you don’t have liners, you can grease the muffin pan first so the muffin will not stick.
- Make sure the ingredients are also in room temperature.
Chocolate chip banana muffins
- 215 grams flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 113 grams unsalted butter or 1 stick
- 2 large eggs
- 3 pcs. ripe bananas
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F while preparing the batter.
- Line in the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix together in a bowl the dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, mashed the ripe bananas. I just used a fork.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. I like to put in the butter first, sugar and eggs.
- After mixing the wet ingredients, add in the mashed bananas. I used a handheld mixer to fully incorporate everything.
- Then add the dry ingredients. Still using my handheld mixer.
- Once all is well incorporated, transfer the batter in the prepared pan with liners using a large ice cream scoop to get the same size of muffin.
- Put in the oven for 5 mins in 425F. Then lower the temperature to 375F while the muffin is inside the oven, bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Once the muffin is done immediately take it off from the pan and let cool in a rack.
- Enjoy with coffee, latte or tea.